The Global CEO Commitments are:
1. Reducing under-age drinking
- Actively seek enforcement of government regulation of under-age purchase and consumption and encourage governments to introduce a minimum purchase age and enforce it.
- Develop, promote and disseminate educational materials and programmes designed to prevent and reduce under-age purchase and consumption.
2. Strengthening and expanding marketing codes of practice
- Take independently verifiable measures so that print, electronic, broadcast and digital media where alcohol products are advertised have a minimum 70% adult audience.
- Develop a set of global guiding principles for alcohol beverage marketing in digital media and put in place, where possible, controls to limit under-age access.
- Take steps to enable non-industry participation where none already exists in self-regulatory processes that enforce marketing code standards.
- Include appropriate contractual language in advertising agency agreements requiring them to abide by the responsible marketing and promotional codes.
3. Providing consumer information and responsible product innovation
- Commit to not produce any beverage alcohol products that contain excessive amounts of added stimulants or market or promote any beverage alcohol product as delivering energising or stimulating effects.
- Develop a standard set of easily understood symbols to discourage drinking and driving, under-age consumption and consumption by pregnant women to appear on packaging.
4. Reducing drinking and driving
- Assess current drink driving initiatives and replicate the successful ones in six additional countries, mainly focusing on those in the developing world.
5. Enlisting the support of retailers to reduce harmful drinking
- Invite leading international retailers to join signatories in launching a responsible retailing initiative, that would create "guiding principles of responsible beverage alcohol retailing," focusing on current best practice guidelines.
More information is available at http://www.producerscommitments.org.