Cider industry in Ireland
Cider industry profile
- In the last twenty years, cider consumption has grown from less than 3 per cent of the market to over 10 per cent of the Irish market.
- The vast majority of those working in the cider industry in Ireland work outside Dublin.
- Cider generated over €60m in excise revenue for the State last year.
- On an EU basis, around 5,000 people are directly employed in the cider sector. There are 180 cider and fruit wine manufacturers.
- 950 million litres of cider and perry are consumed every year in Europe.