- Approximately 3,800 highly paid jobs in beverages manufacturing. However this has declined from 6,146 in 2000.
- Approximately 63,000 full or part time direct jobs including all segments of the drinks industry in 2013.
- Public house employment has declined from 54,000 persons in 2009 to 51,700 in 2010 and 50,700 in 2011 according to Failte Ireland estimates, In addition there are about 4,000 persons employed in hotel and other bars giving a 2011 on licence total of just over 54,000 persons based on Failte Ireland data. The 2013 estimated employment level is 52,000 persons in the on-licence sector.
- Approximately 7,000 jobs in off-licences and wholesalers.
- Indirect employment arising from purchases is about 11,600 and there are a further 17,500 jobs arising from the multiplier process.
These jobs support wages of over €2 billion throughout Ireland.
- 75% of public house employment located outside Dublin.
- Good quality employment with 15% of public house employees as managers; 5% as supervisors, 8% as chefs/cooks and 45% are bar staff.