The Irish beer industry
- Beer is Ireland's favourite alcoholic beverage with 46% market share.
- Produces over 760 million litres of beer every year
- Employs over 1300 people directly and supports about 40,000 jobs in the Irish economy.
- Spends €400m purchasing goods and services in Ireland on everything from transport to agricultural products.
- Injects €1.7b in added value into the Irish economy.
- Exports over 40% of the beer produced in Ireland to many markets globally
- Exports valued at €280 million.
- Contributes €430 million to the exchequer in excise.