Mission and objectives
Centuries of skill, culture and tradition go into making the fine spirits our industry produces.
spiritsEUROPE proudly represents the most valuable European agri-food sector (€10bn in exports in 2012, representing a trade surplus of over €9bn) and with it the interests of the spirits sector in 31 national associations as well as of the eight leading spirits multinational companies.
Distilled spirits are as diverse as the EU itself, spanning 46 product categories and including a host of geographically-specific products that contribute to the culture of their regions.
spiritsEUROPE’s mission is the encourage the development of an environment in which producers and distributors can meet the expectations of individual customers and society at large, while competing effectively for sustained growth.
spiritsEUROPE objectives are to:
- Promote understanding of the EU spirits industry to European and international decision-makers, notable of its vital economic role
- Defend the freedom to produce and market spirits in a responsible way by securing appropriate legislative conditions for production, marketing, distribution and sales of spirits in Europe
- Secure no discriminatory treatment of spirits in comparison to other alcohol beverages
- Secure free and fair access to third country markets
- Encourage the industry to implement high standards for marketing communications
- Stimulate EU responsible drinking and harm-reduction programmes
- Encourage high level environmental standards throughout the supply chain
- Identify and share good practices across the EU with those involved in prevention programmes.